vendredi 14 novembre 2014

Alone in the Dark: Illumination – A New Light for the Series?

If I were to make a Mount Rushmore of survival horror games, three out of my four would be no-brainers for me; Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, and Alan Wake. I'm still on the fence about what I'd put up last (Silent Hill, Dead Space, or maybe something completely offbeat like Illbleed), but I'd feel really bad about leaving off the genre's George Washington; Alone in the Dark.


Alone in the Dark: Illumination looks to both honor and defy its own name. Darkness is indeed a major element as the enemies populating the three campaigns (set in a cemetery, a mining complex, and a company town) are invulnerable when in the shadows. While a few flame-based weapons and attacks provide simultaneous illumination and immolation, combating these foes usually requires you discover and activate temporary light sources (from streetlights to incendiary barrels) before luring baddies into the light.


Continue reading…






from IGN Video Games http://ift.tt/1GYsAr6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire