jeudi 15 janvier 2015

Why Ocarina of Time Stands in Majora’s Mask Shadow

I’m a cheat. A two-timing scumbag who’s dumped his love of 15 years for someone – well, some-thing – new. I feel bad for writing this then, but I think Majora’s Mask is my favourite Zelda game of all time.


For the past decade and a half I’ve championed Ocarina of Time, declaring it my favourite game ever. But recently my eye has been gazing elsewhere. I still love it, obviously, but it’s the kind of love you have for a brother or sister. But when playing through Majora’s Mask 3D, there’s a spark that’s impossible to ignore. It’s both reassuringly familiar and refreshingly different, and I’m smitten.


Of course, I played the N64 version when it first came out, but at the time I was so in love with Ocarina I didn’t give it the credit it deserved. I’ve always considered it a great game, but it didn’t quite grab me in the same way as Ocarina. Maybe it’s because it’s much darker than any other Zelda (and still is, to this day), or that it doesn’t adhere as rigidly to the traditional Zelda tropes as others in the series. 14 years on, it’s for these reasons I love it so much.


Continue reading…






from IGN Video Games http://ift.tt/1Ajmefe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire