I play Chrono Trigger all the way through once every year. It’s a little ritual I look forward to, because Chrono Trigger is the loveliest thing, and if I’d been introduced to it before Final Fantasy VI (or III, depending one what side of the equator you’re on), it’d be nestled even more deeply in my cockles. Frog’s Theme, you know?
So of course, 12 months elapses between each return to 2300 AD to pop ‘n lock with Robo. In gaming time, that’s the equivalent to the rise and full of an entire civilisation. Even though I forget how many times I’ve played this game, I still forget its intricacies, the parts where things could go in a different direction. Chrono was branching all over the place way ahead of its time, and whenever I ogle Ayla I admire the organic way it does this. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to pin-point where things can change: Something might happen as a result of what you do or don’t do at any moment. On a whim, even.
from IGN Video Games http://ift.tt/1ChL7Jq
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire