Life Is Strange [official site] is Dontnod’s interactive story game told over five episodes. The first – Chrysalis – is out now so Pip took a look. Here’s wot she thought:
There was a fanfiction website I used to read as a teenager. I wasn’t there for the fanfiction though, I was there for the original fiction subsite. It bristled with stories about misunderstood teens, about girls with a gift for one of the creative fields, who had awkward love lives and friend drama. They tended to fall for boys or girls whose eyes changed colour to match their innermost turmoil like some kind of facial mood ring.
These stories often traipsed deep into Mary Sue territory or wish-fulfilment territory. They were authored by people flexing their fledgling writing muscles within a framework of tropes. Taking them as a bundle they shared an oversaturated earnestness, like emotion could be achieved or amplified through a cocktail of adjectives and pathetic fallacy.
Life Is Strange treads that same path – and this is not an insult.
from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/1Air8hV
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire